Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

Things making me smile this week...

I wanted to share a few things that have been making me smile this week...



The weather has become distinctly autumnal this week. Everyone around me is mourning the loss of summer but me? I don't mind at all. I may be the only one, but I've been rather looking forward to it! I think autumn is my favourite season. I love snuggling up with a good hot chocolate, wearing cardigans and walking amongst the colourful leaves while it is cool but not too cool. This week I wore my minoru jacket for the first time in a good few months. When I put it on I noticed that my brooch from the Birmingham meet-up was still attached - that must have been the last time I wore this jacket. It made me smile remembering how awesome that meet-up was and how great it was to spend time with so many lovely ladies. I've kept the brooch on the jacket - I think it goes quite well and when I put it on it never fails to make me smile. 


My Corinne cardigan is coming together rather well - it's even starting to look like a cardigan. The way this is knitted is really interesting - the cast on edge is down the front of the cardigan (on the left in the picture) and knitted vertically across. The shaping is achieved by knitting short rows. To make the sleeves, you hold the first set of stiches on a stitch holder, cast on more to make the sleeve and continue knitting round. You then cast off the new stitches and pick up from the side to continue round the back. This makes a lot more sense when you do it - trust me! This would be a great beginners project as there is no complex shaping required, and the whole thing is done in garter stitch. Such a simple knit, but I think the finished article is going to be a really snuggly cardigan with three-quarter sleeves - perfect for autumn (I best get knitting!). The only downside is that it is now too big for me to take on the train so it's been relegated to a "home knitting" project - meaning it gets less attention!

And finally...


Paul Hollywood's White Chocolate and Raspberry sourdough. I've made a few standard sourdough's recently but this is my first attempt at branching out a bit. Admittedly, this is a bit soggier that Paul's version but it is TASTY. Yum yum yum. 

The other thing making me happy this week I'm not able to illustrate photographically - things are moving really well with our house, and we hope to sign the contracts in the next week or so. Eeep! I'm already looking forward to my brand new sewing room - but slightly dreading the process of packing the whole house up...gulp...

What's been making you happy this week? Share the happiness :)

K xx




6 comments:

  1. All good things! Your meet up badge does go incredibly well with your Minoru!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my brooch too! It goes perfectly with a polka dot scarf I have so I've left it attached to that. Your cardigan is coming on in leaps and bounds and looks brilliant. I looked at the pattern thru the link and realised its FREE! I'm so making it once I'm a bit more confident with my technique, it's really pretty... Can't wait to see your finished cardi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabs this would be a perfect first make - as long as you can do a knit stitch that's all you need, it's all garter stitch so not even any purl required and no shaping either. You should definitely give it a go!

      Delete
    2. First garment make that is ;)

      Delete
  3. The sourdough looks amazing! I've still got my brooch, it is attached to one of my work jackets as it goes so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is actually making me happy. What lovely smiley things you have going on xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...