This weekend I finished my very first Pendrell Blouse. I was really pleased with the muslin I made last week, and did not need to make any adjustments before going ahead with my fashion fabric - I think this is the first time I have made a muslin which has fit perfectly! This is probably linked to the semi-fitted nature of the Pendrell Blouse, but I'm certainly not complaining.
Please ignore my slightly strange facial expression....I braved the cold (as did my semi-willing boyfriend who was the photographer!) in an attempt to get some pictures in a half-decent light...this was the best of the bunch and i wasn't about to go back for a second attempt!
I realised when trying to style this blouse that I have very few bottom-half garments that go with the print. The fabric for this blouse was chosen some time ago, and although i love the print, it goes with hardly anything else in my wardrobe. If only I had read the section on "A Thoughtful Plan" in the Colette Sewing Handbook beforehand! This is something I am going to work on this year - making garments which I can mix and match with other items in my wardrobe. It makes so much sense, and yet I always get sidetracked by a pretty print. Luckily, a Crescent Skirt in a solid is on my (very long) to-make list, which will perfectly compliment this blouse :)
Back to the details...Tasia of Sewaholic Patterns always takes time to ensure that the inside of the finished garments are as neat and tidy as the outside, which I love. I am especially proud of the wrong side of my Pendrell Blouse.