Pages

Friday 22 March 2013

FO: Cable Hat

Hello Everyone!

First things first: as I'm sure you've read about already, Google Reader will be no more after the summer. I read blogs via a combination of Blogger Dashboard and BlogLovin' so I don't think this will affect me. However, if you are switching from Google Reader, you can keep up to date with this blog via BlogLovin' here. I also have a Facebook page here.

As I type this it's trying to snow outside...what crazy weather this is! Perfect weather for a cosy knitted hat.

Quadruple me makes: cable hat, owl handwarmers, minoru jacket and snood

I used the same chunky tweed wool as for my owl handwarmers and this free pattern. The hat was a breeze to knit up. I started on circular needles but once I started the decreases I switched to dpns.


When I started this hat a few weeks ago I wasn't sure if I would get any wear out of it this year. Oh how optimistic I was! This cosy woolly has been very handy at keeping my ears toasty warm in this chilly weather. Here is my hat "in the wild" on a trip to Melton Mowbray (excuse the face, it was rather brisk!)

 
What's on your knitting needles this weekend? If you're anywhere near the Midlands and at a loose end on Sunday, it's not too late to join me and Helen Made at the Hobbycrafts/Sewing for Pleasure/Fashion, Embroidery & Stitch show in Birmingham. Leave me a comment below if you fancy it :)

K xx

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, love the hat...it matches the gloves ;o) But, what I'm really loving is your straight hair! Did you get it done like that or do it yourself? I've only ever seen you with wavy hair (which is gorgeous), but it looks lush straight too!

    Have loads of fun on Sunday...I'm pretty jealous that I can't come :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! Yes I did it myself - when I blow-dry my hair in the mornings before work I tend to run my straightners through it to stop it looking too crazy. Exactly how straight it ends up depends on how patient I'm feeling and how much time I have left to do it - this was obviously a good day :)

      Delete
  2. Oooo! I love your hat and mittens. The cables are fab, and they look really cosy and warm. Definately the thing for this weather, it's snowing right now in my part of the world! On my needles is a hat which is a gift. I had got about half way through it, then noticed a glaring mistake near the bottom, so most of it got frogged. It's been lying in the knitting bag, having a think about itself for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, it is nice and snug :) Such a shame about your gift-knit...I do hope it can be rescued!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...